Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Rant: Target managers hate coupons

After stopping by 2 Target stores yesterday I am convinced that Target managers HATE couponers and don't understand that it is OK to get items for free using coupons.


I went in to purchase 10 Revlon beauty tools using this combination.  The first coupon is a Target coupon for $5 off 2 Revlon beauty tools and the other two is $1 off 1 Revlon beauty tool.  According to Target couponing policy you can stack Target and MF coupons.

The issues I had at the first Target (in Vernon Hills IL) was the manager litterally said to me....well I am not giving you these items for free so I am not accepting these coupons!  WHAT!  Does this store manager not know that Revlon will reimburse them for the face value of the MF coupons PLUS $.08 handling fee?!  HELLO....you are making $.08 for every coupon your store takes in!!!!! 

The second store that I went to was on Addison in Chicago.  This store manager said that I could not use these coupons on the lower priced nail files because they were not "beauty tools".....UMMMMM....please look at the picture on the coupon....THERE IS A PICTURE OF THE EXACT ITEM I WANTED TO BY!!!!  She still said no....and when I pressed her she said well now I am going to decline all your coupons and I walked out of the store with NOTHING!!!

Target has gone out of their way to advertise their couponing policy and has printed and mailed out Target coupons and even text them to my phone.  I think Target needs to educate their managers on the coupon policies and the benefits of coupons in their stores!

2 comments:

  1. That kind of stuff makes me not even want to shop at Target. They've been making me mad enough as it is lately, I usually never have a good experience when I go in there anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the Addison store. The manager came to the register and said 'We had meetings on how to handle coupons so no, we can't apply the ones you have.' WTF?! I need to find another Target that actually applies their coupon policy!

    ReplyDelete